The March 2014 issue of Real Simple magazine features 26 beauty products that have stood the test of time. Three hundred experts, including Real Simple readers, editors and industry pros have chosen the winners.
Why? “Because they are wonderful — and they work.”
Take a look at the list and if you have opinions on any of these products, please share them in your comment.
1. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
2. Calgon Bubble Bath
4. Dove Beauty Bar
7. Oil of Olay Beauty Fluid
8. Pond’s Cold Cream
9. Aquaphor (healing ointment)
10. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
11. Clinique Facial Soap Bar
12. Biore Strips (blackhead remover)
13. AquaNet (hairspray)
14. Dippity-do (styling gel)
15. Johnson’s Baby Shampoo
16. John Frieda Frizz Ease
17. Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo
18. Aveda Shampure (shampoo)
19. Herbal Essences Shampoo
20. Coty Airspun Face Powder
21. Chanel No. 5 (perfume)
22. White Diamonds Elizabeth Taylor (perfume)
23. MAC Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Spice
24. Maybelline New York Great Lash Mascara
25. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage (concealer)
26. Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker (lip gloss)
The items in bold are ones I’ve used — many of them, such as Oil of Olay, Herbal Essences Shampoo,Clinique Facial Soap, AquaNet and Dippity-do — years ago.
Q-tips, Dove Soap, Vaseline, Aveda Shampoo and Chanel No. 5 are the items I currently buy/use.
I wouldn’t mind trying the MAC lip pencil and Laura Mercier camouflage.
It’s an interesting list; most of the products are quite inexpensive.
I don’t subscribe to Real Life but occasionally pick up an issue. They have interesting articles. You can check them out online here.
Do you see anything on the list you like or use? Are you tempted to try any now they are rated so highly by Real Life?
What are some of your favorite magazines? Are you a subscriber or just occasionally purchase a copy?